Frequently Asked Questions.
Simply go to the Booking page and fill out the required details. You will receive an e-mail confirming that we have received and are processing your order. When the details are finalised we will send a ‘Confirmation of Booking’ email. You will then be sent by post or email your outbound and inbound luggage travel documents (airwaybills). Please affix an Air Waybill to each piece of luggage ready for collection by a FedEx representative.
An Air Waybill is a paper ticket containing your collection and delivery details as well as a unique tracking number. Should you wish to make a note of the tracking number you can access an update of your shipment by visiting the First Luggage on-line tracking system.
You only need to tell us if weight of your luggage is greater than the weight booked.
You only need to tell us the size of your luggage if the ‘Max Dims’ measurement is greater than the following for the weight of your shipment:
- 35kgs or 77lbs: 165cm or 64i
- 32kgs or 70lbs: 162cm or 63in
- 30kgs or 66lbs: 159cm or 62in
- 28kgs or 61lbs: 153cm or 60in
- 25kgs or 55lbs: 150cm or 59in
- 20kgs or 44lbs: 138cm or 54in
- 15.5kgs or 34lbs: 126cm or 49in
- 15kgs or 33lbs: 126cm or 49in
- 10kgs or 22lbs: 108cm or 42in
- 9kgs or 19lbs: 105cm or 41in
- 6kgs or 13lbs: 93cm or 36in
- 5kgs or 11lbs: 87cm or 34in
‘Max dims’ = Length plus Breadth plus Height Measurements must be at greatest points
Nothing. Simply have your items ready to go. Golf Bags, Bicycles, Skis, Snowboards and Ski Boots must be packed in an airline compatible case or cover, and ensure that the Air Waybill is attached to your luggage.
You may complete your booking online, via our secure payment facility. On the telephone: Simply call 0800 083 5503 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States and a Service Operator will take your details as well as guiding you through.
We accept the following debit/credit cards: Amex, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Delta, Solo, Electron and Maestro.
All EU Countries, United States of America, The Caribbean Islands, Far East, Middle East, Australia and New Zealand.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to offer weekend collection or delivery.
We offer this service (subject to suitable port facilities which we confirm with the individual cruise company) and an administration fee of GBP 45.00 ( plus Tax if applicable) is added to our usual cost We require the following additional information :- cruise line, vessel name, date and port of departure and port of arrival.
- Animals (including birds, fish, insects, larvae, pupae etc.)
- Animal products (including but not limited to ivory, fur and garments trimmed with fur)
- Antiques and art works
- Complete firearms and firearm parts, ammunition, explosives, weapons
- Dangerous / hazardous goods (including but not limited to perfumes, aftershaves, aerosols, flammable substances, loose lithium batteries, dry ice, biological substances, UN classified dangerous goods and any goods specified as such under International Air Transport Association regulations (“ATA”), the Agreement on Dangerous Goods by Road (“ADR”) or International Maritime Dangerous Goods (“IMDG”) regulations.
- Flowers and plant products
- Human remains or ashes
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and / or the destination countries and would include but not be limited to pirated goods, counterfeit goods and narcotics)
- Imitation (replica) firearms, toy guns, weapons, explosive devices or ammunition
- Medical samples (including but not limited to bodily fluids and tissue samples)
- Negotiable instruments in bearer form (including but not limited to bank notes, currency, vouchers)
- Perishable items that require a temperature controlled environment
- Prescription drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Foodstuffs, perishable food articles and beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control, including, but not limited to: Wine, Beer, Spirits and Champagne.
- Packages that are wet, leaking or emit an odour of any kind or packages wrapped in Kraft paper.
No, any pressurised container is not permitted to be packed in unaccompanied luggage, including deodorants and hairsprays.
No, any item containing alcohol (including perfumes and aftershaves) is not permitted to be packed in unaccompanied luggage.
No, alkaline batteries are not permitted. Please ensure these are removed from any items you have packed.
Yes – Call First Luggage Customer Support 0800 083 5503 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States for price and service details
Yes you can ship items such as kayaks, canoes, surfboards, windsurf and sails, hang gliders,pole vaults, javelins etc
For prices and further details please call 0800 083 5503 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States or contact us by email at email@example.com
Extra large items must be packed in a travel case specifically designed for that piece of equipment
When contacting us please have details of weight and size of item(s) to be shipped
(Size and weight details required are length, width and height – including packaging)
First Luggage will charge GBP 25.00 cancellation fee to cover administrative charges.
Yes, there are many freight companies that will arrange transportation of your luggage. However unlike First Luggage , this is not their primary source of business and as such you may have to follow lengthy procedures in order to ship your items. This may involve having to box and weigh your goods, and having to complete complex Air Waybills and invoices where requested by customs as well as possibly having to drop your luggage at the freight company’s location.
A minimum of 2 working days prior to the date of collection if you have access to email and a printer to print off the Air Waybills. However wherever possible, 5 working days or more to allow preparation and postage of travel documents to you. If you have a last-minute order, please call First Luggage by telephone 0800 083 5503 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States and speak with one of our Customer Service Team.
First Luggage allows maximum weight and size limits as follows:
- Suitcase: 30kgs or 66lbs, max dims 159cm or 62in
- Golf Bag: 28kgs or 61lbs, max dims 153cm or 60in
- Pram/stroller: 15.5kgs or 34lbs, max dims: 126cm or 49in.5kg
- Snowboard: 10kgs or 22lbs, max dims: 108cm or 42in
- Skis: 9kgs or 19lbs, max dims: 105cm or 41in
- Pair of ski boots: 6kgs or 13lbs, max dims: 93cm or 36in
‘Max dims’ = Length plus Breadth plus Height. Measurements must be at greatest points
If your item is not in our list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
First Luggage reserves the right to charge an additional GBP 5.00 per kg (plus VAT – taxes at 20%, if applicable) for overweight or oversize consignments.
Luggage may be xrayed for security purposes and any camera film or other items may be harmed by the radiation from the xrays.
Simple, just call us on 0800 083 5503 / 1800 224 5781 free-phone from the United States . Please remember though collections are Mon – Fri 09.00 to 17.30
In the unlikely event that your luggage is not delivered on time and you have booked studentluggagedelivery.com Priority Service, First Luggage will credit you in full if your luggage arrives later than the agreed date
The above delivery guarantee does not apply in the following circumstances: if you pack any prohibited items, or through Force Majeure, or in any country that requires customs formalities, or if you have booked studentluggagedelivery.com Economy Service.